SSC JE Syllabus 2018
Finally a hassle and most awaited moment is over and the Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct an online Computer Based Open Competitive Recruitment Examination for the Post of Junior Engineers for the various government Departments. So now all the candidates who are eligible had applied already. Thereafter aspirants it is very foremost to knowing the Exam Pattern and Syllabus of the Examination. So we are here discussing the detailed of SSC JE Syllabus for Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Branch one by one of each paper 1 and 2 as below.
SSC Junior Engineer 2018 Paper 1 Exam Date:– 22th to 29th January 2018
The Staff Selection Commission has been disclosed the final SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the both Tier and Tier 2 examination. Now candidates are searching for the same elsewhere. We are here providing the detailed syllabus and exam pattern for each topic and subject wise. So aspirants should not worry and make your exam preparation strategy to following the syllabus and examination scheme was proposed by the commission. We are here discussing the detailed SSC JE Exam Pattern and Syllabus as Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam foe each branch below.
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus
All the aspirants are now preparing for the SSC JE 2018 Examination very hard. The competition is going to very tough this year of huge applicants applied for the examination. So all the aspirants who want to get through this examination want to strategize in very good manners. So first of all the candidates must go through the SSC JE Syllabus for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 examination. Candidates also familiar with the Examination Pattern of the JEN Exam. Therefore we are here discussing the detailed Exam Syllabus and Pattern of both Pre and Mains examination as below.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
The SSC Junior Engineer 2017 Exam is going to conduct in the following Scheme. The Examination is conducted two Papers as per Tier 1 and Tier 2 examination. The details Scheme of Exam as below.
Paper-I:– Computer Based Examination (Objective Type)
Paper-II:– Written Examination (Descriptive Type)
SSC JE Exam Pattern (Paper 1)
|Paper||Subject||No Of Questions||Max Marks||Time|
|Paper-I (Objective Type) Computer Based Online||(i) General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
Civil & Structural Engineering
The SSC JE Exam Paper 1 is organised online at computer based mode. It was consist an Objective Type multiple choice Question Paper. The candidates who are cleared the Paper 1 Exam is called for Paper II (Conventional Type). The detailed SSC JE Syllabus is below.
SSC JE Exam Pattern (Paper 2)
|Paper-II (Descriptive Type)||Part-A (General Engineering)
Civil & Structural
Part-B (General Engineering) Electrical
Part-C (General Engineering)
- There will be 0.25 marks of negative marking of the each wrong answer in Paper 1.
- The Paper 1 and 2 are for General Engineering, so candidates are required to attempt only the part as option of application form filled.
- The candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer(Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and those appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II both
- If candidates failed in the subject you choose which his/her answer sheet of Paper-II will not be evaluated at any conditions.
SSC JE Syllabus
The Detailed Indicative SSC JE Syllabus for the both Tier 1 and Tier 2 Paper Exam is proposed by the commission. Here is the Topic wise and Subject wise as separately for Paper I & II as indicated below.
(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning:– The General Intelligence and Reasoning syllabus would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test may include questions on the following Topics of subjects.
- Space Visualization
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure Classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Arithmetical Computations
(ii) General Awareness:– This subject includes questions relating to the General Knowledge and Awareness of India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to the following topics
- Economic Scene
- General Polity and Scientific Research
(iii) General Engineering (Civil and Structural), (Electrical & Mechanical):
Part A:- (Civil Engineering)
Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering. Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
Part-B:- (Electrical Engineering)
Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
Part-C:- (Mechanical Engineering)
Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines. Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steels.
Civil Engineering: The Following topics are included for the Civil Engineering subject as
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Structural Engineering: The Topic wise SSC JE Syllabus for the Structural engineering is followed below
- Theory of structures
- Concrete Technology
- RCC Design
- Steel Design
Electrical Engineering: Here is the topics wise SSC JE Syllabus for EE Subject as Topics wise below
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Estimation and costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
Mechanical Engineering:– The Following topics are consist of the mechanical engineering as followed below.
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
- Production Engineering
SSC JE Selection Procedure
We have discussed detailed SSC JE Syllabus and Exam Scheme for both Paper I and II. So now candidates must be keep in mind and prepare hard to get through this nail biting exam. The Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission on the purely basis of
- Firstly the candidates will appear in the SSC JE Tier 1 exam.
- The Commission will shortlisted the candidates for Tier 2 Exam on the basis of performance in Tier 1 Exam Paper.
- All the the Tier 1 Exam Qualified candidates will appear in the Tier 2 Exam Paper.
- Thereafter the Commission will prepare the merit list of the successful candidates on the basis of the marks of Tier 1 and Tier 2 Exam combined.
- Now the finally the Commission will prepare the Final Merit list on the basis of their total marks in the Paper – I & II and preference for the posts
- Finally candidates will ask to appointments for the Junior Engineer Post.
So now we have discussed the detailed SSC JE Syllabus and Exam Scheme for Both Tier 1 and 2 examination. Candidates must be take a look before appearing for the examination and make also preparation strategy to following the syllabus and exam pattern to get maximize their score.
All the candidates are must be keep in touch with the SSC JE Exam Preparation Guide team to get latest news and updates regarding the same. Ask free guidance about preparation and many more other doubts. We are here also proving the Important SSC JE Study Materials, Online Mock Test Papers, Practice Papers regularly.
Click here for more details:– http://ssc.nic.in/
“If candidates have doubts/queries then ask freely to our expert team in discuss box below. We will assist you as soon as possible.”