SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018
Dear candidates we are welcome to you for visit at sscguide.in to get all details about SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 Tier 1 and 2 Skill/Typing Test Exam. The Staff Selection Commission has been released the official SSC 10+2 Notification to conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam to recruitment of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerk/Junior Secretariat Assistant during the 2018 sessions. So now the Commission has finalized the CHSLE syllabus for the Paper 1 and Paper II examination and Skill/Typing Test also. All the candidates now kick start their exam preparation to following the detailed Subject wise and topic Wise Syllabus rendered her.
SSC CHSL Exam 2018 Tier 1 Paper Date :– 04th March to 26th March 2018
All the aspirants who are awaiting for the final LDC DEO Syllabus and Exam Pattern can check and download it also. Here in this page we are providing all the important information regarding SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Tier 1 and Tier 2 examinations to make a understanding about 10+2 exam. We would also discussed all the syllabus as topic wise and subject wise here below. So candidates must be go through the detailed SSC 10+2 Syllabus and Exam Scheme before appearing for the examination.
What is SSC 10+2 Syllabus ?
The Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct SSC CHSL 2018 Exam through only Online Computer Based Mode. A huge number of candidates had applied to appear in this big exam. After applying candidates are eagerly searching for SSC CHSL Syllabus Tier 1 and exam pattern also. Candidates are advise to start the preparation of the exam in a planned manner. So we are here providing Paper 1 and Paper 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for all aspirants. You can download Pre and Mains Syllabus and Skill Test/Typing Test Pattern.
What is SSC CHSL Exam Pattern ?
The SSC CHSLE will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk. Candidates can check here for SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Scheme as described below.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Tier- 1
The Tier-I is Online Computer Based Written Examination consists of Objective Type Multiple choice questions only. It is a first stage exam for those who are submitted their application form successfully for SSC CHSL Exam 2018 are eligible for Tier I. The scheme of Tier 1 exam is followed:
|Subjects||No of Questions||Max Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 Minutes
80 Minutes for OH and VH
Note: English Language part will consist only Basic knowledge of English. Quantitative Aptitude part will consist only Basic Arithmetic Skill.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Tier-2
Tier II Exam is Descriptive Paper (Paper Pen Mode) Exam. It tests your writing skills. This Paper is only Qualifying Nature means marks obtained in this paper would not affect you final Merit list. This paper is in Hindi or English to judge the writing skills of candidates. The scheme of Tier II exam is followed:
- This descriptive paper is contain an essay of around 200-250 words.
- An Essay/Application/Letter writing of around 150-200 words.
- It is written in only Hindi or English. No another language can be chosen to write in any language.
- Duration is one hours.
- Total marks consists of this paper is 100.
- Whole paper is divided in only Two parts.
- One part is essay writing and second part is Application/Letter writing.
- The minimum qualifying marks for this paper is 33% of paper.
- This paper level is based on Higher Secondary 12th class std.
|Descriptive Paper (Essay/Letter/Application Writing)||100||1 hours|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Tier- 3
The Tier-III Examination is the Skill Test/Typing Test which would be of only a qualifying nature. Only those candidates, who secured at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer based written examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II), as may be fixed by the Commission, only will be called for this stage. The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional Offices or other centers as may be decided. The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by the individual in Paper 1 and Paper 2 particularly.
SSC CHSL Syllabus Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
Data Entry Speed:–
- 8,000 Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- For post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):- A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer.
- The Data Entry Speed Skill Test is only qualifying nature. Candidates allowed to take this test only on Computer.
- Only those candidates who have Qualified in Tier 1 Computer Based Exam and Descriptive Paper Tier 2 Exam will be allowed to appear in the SSC CHSL Skill Test Paper.
- The Skill Test will be held as per the commission Region Offices center or the prescribed Exam centre as fixed by the commission.
SSC CHSL Syllabus Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC/JSA
Typing Speed:– 35 words per Minute (English Medium) 10500 key depressions per hour
Typing Speed:– 30 word per Minute (Hindi Medium) 9000 key depressions per hour
- Typing Test will be conducted for only those candidates who qualify in the Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II).
- This Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi that is to indicate his/her choice/option for Medium in the Application Form. It will also be of qualifying in nature.
- If any candidate does not opt any medium of Typing Test his/her option will be consider English Medium.
Get SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 Tier 1
We have above discussed the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2018 for all Pre, Main and Skill/Typing Test. Now we are here discussing the detailed indicative SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tier 1 examination as subject and topic wise below of each and every sections.
General Intelligence:– This section includes questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test paper will include questions on Following Topics:
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Pattern–folding and completion
- Number Series
- Embedded figures
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and decoding
- Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
English Language: The detailed topic wise indicative syllabus for English language and comprehension is following.
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
Quantitative Aptitude: The finalised detailed indicative SSC CHSL Syllabus for Quant section is followed below.
- Computation of Whole Number
- Decimal and Fractions
- Relationship between numbers
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and
- Elementary surds (simple problems) and
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometric ratios
- Complementary angles
- Height and
- Distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.,
- Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram,Pie-chart.
General Awareness:– There is no definite syllabus for this section. But most of the question are designed to test the knowledge of the following subjects:
- Science and Technology.
- Indian Constitution.
- Personalities in News.
- Current affairs- International, National and Local.
- Sports GK.
SSC 10+2 Syllabus for Tier-II Exam
The Topic of precise Application/Letter writing etc. are mainly comes from Current Events related. The topic of essay writing is mainly related to current issues of India and may be from Science subject or any other subjects.
- The Tier 2 Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words in Hindi/English language.
- A Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words
- The Paper 2 would be descriptive type Based on Pen Paper Mode of 100 Marks.
- The Time Limit for Paper Is One Hours.
- There will be 33% of minimum marks to qualify Tier 2 exam.
- The Marks of Tier 2 is included in preparing of final merit list.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 Tier-III Exam
The SSC 10+2 Syllabus for Tier-III Examination is the Skill Test/Typing Test which would be of only a qualifying nature. Only those candidates, who secured at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer based written examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II), as may be fixed by the Commission, only will be called for skill test. The skill test is only for DEO post and Typing Test is for SA, PA, LDC/JSA and Court Clerk Exams. Thus now we have discussed the detailed SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern for each and every stage of CHSLE 2018.
What Is SSC CHSL 2018 Selection procedure ?
The Staff Selection Commission is now conducting the 10 Plus 2 exam so on for all eligible candidates only after discussing the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 Tier 1, 2 and 3. The Candidates must be aware about what Selection Procedure is prescribed for the said exam before going to appear in the exam. The Candidates will be selected to going through the stage wise stage exam procedure as followed.
- Candidates will be called to appear in the Tier 1 Exam for those applied online application Form succesfully.
- Candidates will be Shortlist for the Tier II exam on the basis of the performance in the Tier 1 Exam.
- There may be separate Cut Off Marks for different posts like as DEO, DEO Grade ‘A’, LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers.
- The Candidates will be Shortlisted for Tier III on the performance of combined Tier I + Tier II Exam.
- After Conducting Skill Test/Typing Test the commission will be called for Document Verification(DV) for Qualified candidates only.
- The Final Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in Computer Based and Descriptive Exam Paper.
- The Final allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending on their merit list order and the Post Preference Order filled by them during document verification.
We are requested to all aspirants to connect with SSC Exam Preparation Guide team to get more latest updates regarding SSC Examinations such as Admit Card, Answer Key, Result and Cut Off Marks etc.
Click here for more details:– http://ssc.nic.in/
“If any aspirants have query regarding then put the same in comment box below. Our Expert team would be available very soon to assist you.”